Wednesday, March 2, 2016

In Like a Lion

It is the second day of March and we have had TWO snow days this month.  It has kind of thrown a kink into my plans for March Is Reading Month.  However, we will still enjoy Camp Read-A-Lot, from the fabulous Lucky Little Learners, tomorrow.  It may not be Read Across America Day anymore, but we will pretend it is.  Then, on Friday, we will finally begin our March Madness Tournament of Books.  This idea is inspired by Catherine Reed of The Brown Bag Teacher. However, I altered it to fit the needs of my second grade classroom.  We will be reading 16 fabulous picture books, slowly narrowing down our options, until we have named one book CHAMP!

 

Here is our tournament board.  It is not as fabulous as I would of liked, but it gets the job done! Listed below are the books chosen.  So many great books!  I cannot wait to see what my students choose!  

How are you celebrating March Is Reading Month in your classroom?  Happy almost Friday all!  

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment